Locks are an essential part of one’s house. They are the main form of security for the house. If you live in an urban area then you need to protect your house with digital locks. Crime rate of urban areas are increasing day by day. There are different types of digital locks available, and you can control the access of your house by installing a biometric lock. Even, you can use a digital lock integrated with Smartphone App, and you can access your locks from remote places.
What Are Digital Locks?
Locks and keys have been used for several centuries for ensuring security to one’s house. A new way of locking used nowadays is the digital locks. The digital locks are a new, cost-effective way of ensuring security. You can install such locks in your office and commercial area, where you have to manage heavy traffic every day.
The digital door locks provide an easy way of entering into a building, house or office without the need of carrying a key at all times. You can access such locks by fingerprints, security keys or cards. You can also control or operate your locks via Smartphone.
Types Of Digital Locks
The digital door lock comes in different types. The main two types of digital door locks are as follows.
- Electronic Digital Locks
These door locks are the type of digital locks that utilises power and electricity. These door locks uses a rechargeable battery or regular current supply for functioning.
- Mechanical Door Locks
This type of door locks does not depend on electricity for functioning. These locks are mechanically operated with the use of a push-button.
Advantages Of Digital Locks
The digital door locks are mostly installed in buildings due to the high number of advantages that they bring forward. The digital door locking system’s advantages are the reason why people like installing them in their houses.
- There becomes no need for keys which no longer makes it necessary to carry additional weight.
- The problem of dealing with lost keys does not occur when you have digital locks.
- Accessing a room becomes extremely easy for those who know the code for unlocking the door. You can change the security code time to time to keep your property protected.
- Family members have their unique codes, and they can use their own code to access the lock. You can generate temporary code for your guests.
- The digital locks are effortless to install with the pre-existing locking system.
- They can be used both internally and externally. Digital locks are long lasting, and they are made of rust and corrosion resistant materials.
Comparison With Keys
For several years there has been a discussion about the advantages of digital door locks over keys. People often say that using a key is more simple and straightforward, and one does not need to be technically savvy for using locks. But this section will help to change the mind of such people.
- The digital door locks are more comfortable to fix than locks. When a lock is broken, you can call a mechanic for opening up the lock. But in case of digital door locks, this problem does not arrive due to the self-containing nature of the locks.
- Fixing and even using a lock that uses keys requires a pair of additional hardware. This is not the case for digital locks. The digital locks like biometric locks don’t require a new lock.
Digital door locks are the new method of maintaining security in a building. Companies and school authorities prefer installing digital door locks for better security and less number of cases of key-related problems.