2 Important Things To Consider While Editing Or Creating A Wikipedia Article
A Wikipedia writer or page editor have a long list of things to consider while writing an article for Wikipedia. However, while writing or creating anything where you so man y things to consider, you also have a list that tells you about the things that you need to avoid while doing the work. Wikipedia being the most known informative platform, known for its encyclopedic nature, gives out many guidelines along with a list to avoid a few things that the member should take care of while editing or creating pages.
Here is a list of things that the members should avoid to maintain the dignity and decorum of the Wikipedia platform, when they edit or create a Wikipedia biography or any kind of Wikipedia page.
1. Must maintain all the specified Wikipedia etiquettes
To follow the Wikipedia etiquettes a person must:
- Assume good faith
- Follow the golden rules
- Work civilly,
- Argue facts and not the personalities,
- Admit when to disagree to something based on your intuition or your taste,
- Forgive and forget, what others do wrong,
- Keep your biases in check,
- Praise others to receive the same appreciations,
- Avoid any and all kind of edit wars,
- Avoid the jargon to make other feel comfortable in understanding what you have to say.
2. Avoid indirect criticism
When a lot of people unite on a single platform they bring along different theories and opinions, each varying from one another. Having different opinions does not give any rights to another to share their criticism. We live in world that gives freedom of speech and to express our opinions we do not to criticize each other. To avoid this direct or indirect criticism we must respect and understand the other person’s opinion! Here are a few ways to avoid indirect criticism:
- Avoid unexplained Scare quotes
- Avoid insinuation, Double entendre, and unwarranted subtlety of writing
- Assure to keep all your criticism in any manner or concerning any subject very civil
- Should not constitute biting of newcomers
- Criticism must not include any personal attack
- Avoid personal remarks regarding anything.