7 Feng Shui Office Tips to Attract Success
Have you ever considered using feng shui to improve your office? Feng shui is often mistaken as a way of decorating a space. However, it is in fact an ancient Chinese art that focuses on creating a space that attracts energy and emotion. When the room is in harmony with the environment, it is more likely to draw wealth and success. Here are tips for arranging a feng shui office.
- Position your desk where you’ll see the door. When choosing a position for your desk, pick an area where you will have a good view of the doors. Seeing everyone entering and moving out of the room gives you power and can attract success. On the other hand, if your back is facing the door, it could cause anxiety. If the room layout does not allow this arrangement, put a mirror on your desk so you’ll still be able to see who’s coming in and out of the room.
- Invest in a sturdy office table. Your office table is the most important piece of furniture in your office. It does not have to be pricey, but it has to be sturdy. The legs should be firm on the ground and not wobbling. Consider investing in a wooden desk as it is both beautiful and feng shui-approved. In feng shui, wood is an element that attracts growth and creativity.
- Add indoor plants. Pay attention to the air quality in your office. Add indoor plants that help filter the air. Plants draw positive energy and also make the space a lot more attractive. There are several plants you can choose from that are low maintenance and Instagram-worthy, too. Some examples are the Chinese Money Plant, Swiss Cheese Plant, Rubber Tree Plant, and Snake Plant.
- Go for natural lighting. Avoid working in a dark office. Make use of natural lighting when possible. If you need an additional lighting source, avoid fluorescent bulbs as they can induce fatigue and feel draining. Choose incandescent light bulbs instead. As for table lamps, you might want to look for earth tone colors to help reduce stress.
- Keep your back against a solid wall. If possible, position your chair so that it is against a solid wall. In feng shui, this is referred to as good backing, which attracts supportive energy behind your back. If you are unable to do this, consider placing lush plants behind your chair.
- Display inspiring art. Surround your office with objects that inspire you, such as artwork and pictures. It can be your favorite quotes or portraits of people you look up to. These pieces of art do not have to be expensive and you can use them not only for your office but in other areas of your home as well.
- Choose the right colors. Choose colors that help stimulate creativity or those that reflect your line of work. If you are a designer, you can play with more colors. If you are in the finance industry, on the other hand, you would want lighter colors. The goal is for your room color to set you in the mood for work and help clear your mind as well.
A feng shui office does not only boost productivity, but it also helps improve your life, overall. If you can reduce stress and attract success in your work, then you will be able to pass on the happiness to your loved ones. If you are rearranging your office or moving to a new one, consult a feng shui expert or get started with the tips above.