Cholesterol-Free Milk Recipes for Making Your Party a Hit!
When you plan for a celebration, you have different types of guests coming over. These days,’ people love to have healthy food made from wholesome ingredients so that they can stay fit. If you are expecting guests that are fitness enthusiasts and like to stay away from dairy foods, you can cook some delicious dairy-free meals for them substituting cow milk with soy milk.
Soy milk is cholesterol-free milk and you can have it every day by including it into your diet and replacing dairy milk. It is low in fat yet tastes amazing and has a rich texture. Let’s have a look at two recipes that can be made with soy milk for making your party instant hit:
Macaroni and cheese
- 250 gm dried macaroni pasta
- 20 gm Nuttelex spread
- Two tablespoons plain flour
- Two cups reduced soy milk
- 100 gm grated soy cheese
- 100 gm sliced leg ham
- 250 gm trimmed broccoli
- Four trimmed and sliced green onions
- Salad leaves
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease a baking dish.
- Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water till they turn tender.
- Add broccoli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and put in a bowl.
- Heat the pan and melt the spread.
- Add some flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and stir constantly. Bring to boil and cook, whisking for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Season it with pepper.
- Add sauce, ham, and onions to pasta and stir well.
- Spread it in the baking dish and bake for 15- 20 minutes till golden brown.
- Serve with salad leaves and sprinkled parsley.
Chicken and sweet potato soup
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Two sweet potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- One large chopped onion
- Two garlic cloves
- Four springs fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Ground black pepper
- Chicken breast fillets
- Fresh parsley
- 250 ml of soy milk
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- Take chicken stock in a pan and boil over high heat.
- Add sweet potato, garlic, onion, thyme, and oregano.
- Season with pepper and bring to boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes and allow cool.
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
- Put soup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Bring the soup to boil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and parsley and cook for 3 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Remove from heat and mix soy milk.
- Season with pepper.
- Serve with bread.
Your fitness enthusiast guests will love both of these dishes.
The next time you look for cholesterol-free milk, soy milk should be your first choice as it helps in keeping your cholesterol levels in control. Search online for some today!