The National Institute of Design (NID) is one of India’s most prestigious and globally recognised educational institutes. It provides design training programmes. It is well-known for being a forerunner in the fields of design education and research. The university is properly recognised by the Indian government, and the courses it offers are among the best in Europe and Asia. Ahmedabad is home to the main NID campus. Gandhinagar and Bangalore have more centres. You must first pass the NID DAT entrance test in order to be considered for admission to this prestigious institute’s B.Des. programme. A written exam, a studio test, and a personal interview are all part of this design aptitude test. To pass the NID prelims, you may always rely on the NID coaching sessions to help you get the needed score.
In terms of NID DAT exam preparation, students should be aware that the written examination is divided into two components. One form of inquiry is the objective type. This accounts for 70% of the questions, with the remaining 30% being subjective. These two portions are kept separate. As a result, you must prepare for both areas in order to advance to the following phase, the Studio exam. The Prelims have their own obstacles, while the Studio Test focuses on drawing, sketching, and modelling.
Communication skills, composition, animation, visual design, memory sketching, abstract symbolism, and originality are among the themes covered in the written exam. The ability to draw compensates for the subjective questions. These are the areas where mock examinations, test series, and practise papers supplied by NID coaching sessions may help you improve. Good coaching institutions, such as The OPUS Way, provide this service. When it comes to NID preparation, time is once again a factor. And when you just have 6 months to prepare for the NID prelims, you’ll need all the help you can get.
So, after talking with NID exam toppers and reviewing all of the academic themes that appear on the DAT test, here are some tips:
# Tip No. 1
Sharpen your sketching and drawing skills since they are one of the most critical aspects of any design. Concentrate more on the commonplace items in your environment and draw them on a daily basis.
# Tip No. 2
Pay attention to even the tiniest things. The attention to detail in product design distinguishes an exceptional design from the ordinary. If you’re requested to sketch a certain kind of table, familiarise yourself with the materials used, the texture necessary, and so on.
# Tip No. 3
Be inventive. Use your creativity to come up with new methods to communicate the same idea. This will give your design skills wings, and you will excel in every creative task you are given. It could be simple to depict a cricket ball as ice cream if you are given the challenge. It is not possible to apply the same logic to anything else. As a result, be ready to face this obstacle head-on.
# Tip No. 4
It’s all about practise, practise, and more practise. Try to finish the creatives as quickly as possible. Pencil speed, precision, and inventiveness must all work together. In the end, this will be the differentiator. Continue to work on your light hand and finishing.
# Tip No. 5
Plan your approach to the test, as you would for any competitive exam. Make a detailed outline of the questions or areas you are familiar with and finish the test on time. Leave nothing till the last minute.
# Tip No. 6
Balance your NID DAT test practise with your regular lectures. You must concentrate on the task at hand while avoiding any distractions. If you have any mentors, seek their assistance. To cleanse your thoughts, talk to them often.
# Tip No. 7
Participate in NID coaching courses. Yes, this will assist you in achieving a high mark on your test. Self-study is not recommended since specialists can make it very simple. Every kid has his or her own set of talents and weaknesses. The correct coaching is required to cope with the areas where you are uncomfortable. This will also save a lot of time. They will also provide sound advice on all aspects of the NID test.
The OPUS Way is a well-known coaching institute that offers NID coaching. Many students have realised their aspirations as a result of the successful programmes. With The OPUS Way’s very successful training style for the NID test, you, too, may join the company of victors.