This pandemic has hit hard to every aspect of society. Not only business, but education has also been greatly affected by this as every school and college have been shut down for a couple of years now and exams are being held online. And because of this, the seriousness of education among both parents and students has been declined drastically. Students know they will pass exams anyway and parents know they do not have to worry about their children’s scores (parents need to change this mindset as scores are not the only way to measure educational results). But few take this issue seriously and are working hard to provide their child with the best education possible. Since they are not satisfied with the trend of online education being provided they have started teaching themselves known as Home School. But is it really an efficient form of teaching? Let’s compare home-schooling versus public schooling.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Public-Schooling:
|1. The well-structured and well-defined education system
2. Organized course curriculum
3. Comprehensive informative subjects
4. Children are under the supervision of trained and qualified professionals
5. Encourages socialism among children as they make many friends in school
6. Exposed to real-world, learning everything from friends, teachers, societies, etc.
|1. Parents have no or less influence on what and how their children are studying
2. The cost of education is higher
3. Parents may be forced for extra expenses like dresses with branding, extracurricular fees, fundraisings, donations, etc.
4. Cannot learn at their own pace. Bright students get bored of learning the same thing while dull students find it challenging to understand
5. Focus is on scoring marks in exams and less focus on learning
6. Not all the teachers are competitive and may lack proper teaching ability and enthusiasm
Advantages and Disadvantages of Home-Schooling:
|1. Parents have total control over what and how the child is learning
2. Parents can decide the important thing that a child should learn
3. Children can learn at their own pace. If they want they can learn Maths even for the whole week
4. The cost of education is very low
5. Children get the option to learn and play anytime and anywhere
6. They are safe at your custody and you can rest assured your child is not getting influenced by any bad teacher or bad friends.
|1. No clear defined course curriculum
2. Not much exposure to the real-world scenario
3. Lesser friends
4. Requires a lot of effort and time from parents
5. Irresponsible parents can possibly ruin students learning
Before the pandemic when parents were confused on how to provide their children with the best education, how to get their Mumbai University Transcript, GTU Transcript, for their foreign admission, how can they improve their children’s score, etc. are now only worried about how to make them learn at home. While the busy parents are still relying on schools providing online classes, few have taken responsibility to teach themselves. What do you think is the best way to teach children from a young age? Share your views below.