How can you become an iOS app developer?
If you have an interest in programming and if you have given a thought to app development then there are a few things that you should look into, for becoming an app developer the stepping-stone is your degree. Your college education will allow you to build a primary ground around your dream of becoming a successful app developer.
Most people go for studying software engineering or computer sciences as a subject that allows them to get a better theoretical understanding of algorithms, Object-Oriented Programming, Database, and Operating Systems. This knowledge is vital and essential for a developer.
The significant question, however, pops up when it goes down to specialization. If you look, at people around you will find those who mastered the skill in much less time and now they have good jobs and are earning well. You should not let that bring you down; instead, you should decide which OS you are going to be working on if its iOS or Android.
If you decide to learn iPhone App Development, you should not look at it from a speculative perspective, do not worry about it going obsolete as it would not. You will learn a lot when you get into iOS development and there are a few specifics that you should take care of.
- the first thing that you need to do is to learn to code. When it comes to iOS development, swift is the language that is widely used. You should also consider learning the basics of programming like variables, numbers, constants, Booleans, conditional logic, dictionaries, loops, arrays, and functions.
- Object-oriented programming is essential and familiar; it has been around for a while and has been tried and tested. It is used with many programming languages. you should learn that.
- You should also consider learning things like polymorphism & inheritance.
- You should know how to work with data structuring. There are a few common structures like a stack; binary, tree linked lists, etc.
- Once you learn how to program on swift, you will have to learn how to navigate Xcode and Interface Builder, debugging apps in Xcode and using instrumental tools
- You should consider learning multi-threading and persisting data with code data.
It may sound like a lot to absorb, and it may as well be, as iOS development is not secure. Mount yourself with people who are eager to learn and have had the same learning experiences as you. Find a mentor who’d help you through the learning process.