How to Resolve “The file you are specified can not be opened” error in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks, an accounting software program, helps corporations with their accounting application and helps ease in performing enterprise transactions and handling price range. Even as running QuickBooks online login users might also come upon some errors or troubles that hinder ease of functioning, can also cause the computer crashing or might also stop the required actions from going in addition. But, these errors can without problems be resolved, and the following article seeks to guide users in rectifying the error and shifting the operations ahead.
Whilst updating the payroll, opening a professional form or paying dues, users can be faced with an error which reads – “The file you specified can’t be opened.”
What causes QuickBooks errors “The file you specified cannot be opened”?
At the same time as QuickBooks proceeds to install or download the various payroll updates, there may be a few obstructions inside the method due to certain home windows configurations regarding user Permissions or user control Settings. This is a common error on systems that run on home windows 7/eight and home windows Vista.
How to resolve the error “The file you specified can’t be opened”?
There are a number of solutions to resolve this error. At the same time as any user of the solutions may also help rectify it, it is recommended that you continue through the solutions within the order given underneath, and carry out the moves as a consequence.
Solution1: Use elevated Administrator permission to open QuickBooks
- Close the QuickBooks software
- Right -click the icon
- Click on Run as Administrator. In case you are using Windows XP, you’ll examine it as Run as… followed by Administrator.
- Type inside the details required to log in as a windows Administrator
- The QuickBooks file needs to open, and no errors have to be encountered. Allow the software to install the last updates.
- Close the QuickBooks application.
- To verify that the error has been resolved, open QuickBooks once more and test for no errors
Solution 2: Restart the Desktop or access user Account control.
This may range primarily based on the version of home windows present on your pc.
For home windows Vista, observe the commands given under:
- Go to home windows start and then proceed to control Panel
- Click on user accounts, which might also seem as user accounts and family safety
- Select user account again within the window
- Test whether the UAC is became on and off, and choose it
- Make certain that the checkbox for use UAC to help protect your computer is not selected and go to ok
- Reboot your computer.
For windows 7/8follow the commands given underneath:
- Go to windows start and then proceed to control Panel
- Enter UAC in the search box that comes up, and proceed to select change user Account control settings
- Once opened, you can follow anyone of the subsequent instructions:
- Turn off UAC: select never notify and then click on ok. The pc may then ask you to enter within the login credentials. enter the password. Once finished, reboot your pc.
- Activate UAC: Instead of selecting never notify, you could select while you want to be notified, after which select ok. Offer the login credentials if essential and enter the password. Once finished, reboot your pc.
Read Also: Open Quickbooks File Without Quickbooks