Are you one of those people who want to start their own website but are having problems with starting one?
It is very easy to get a website nowadays. In this article, I will show you how you can get a website fast and easy in simple steps. Even if you know nothing about coding, even if you are a beginner with tech, you will be able to set-up and manage your website in no time.
When it comes to making a website, all you need are the following things:
- Website hosting service
- Domain name
- Website design or website template
- Stock images / Original images
- Written content
Technically, there’s not a lot of components needed when it comes to starting your own website. Once you know where to get these, you can start building.
Prepare your resources
Get yourself a website builder
A website builder will already provide you the first three components that you need: A website hosting service, a place where you can purchase a top-tier domain name (like .com, .org, etc.), and it will also provide you a custom made website template to choose from. Otherwise, you will have to get these things separately on different platforms or services.
Website builders are also quite cheap and will let you build a website in minutes. You can get your own website easily using the hPage.com website builder. They have lots of free features that come when you create a free website with them.
Use stock image sites
To avoid copyright strikes, make sure you only use original images taken by yourself, store-bought images, or free stock images for your website. To ensure that the photos you have on your website are free of copyright issues, only get images from stock image websites such as Motosha, Pexels, or Unsplash. This will make you free from any liability in case an issue arises.
How to use a website builder
If you have never used a website builder before, getting the processes is very easy. You just need a few clicks here and there and make your own content.
All you have to do is to follow these steps:
- Sign up for an account at a website builder such as hPage.com. You will get a website host automatically complete with website storage and website creator dashboard.
- Type your domain name. This will be a free account when you initially sign up so you will get a free domain name hosted by the website builder. However, you can easily upgrade your domain name to a custom one as soon as possible. Just go to the ‘My Package’ menu.
- Once you have your account and domain name, you can now pick a premade website template. hPage has 300+ site templates which you can choose from. You are bound to find something that fits your fancy there. All themes are customizable to an extent.
- Upload your files. This could be images, videos, music, and other documents on the ‘Files’ menu. This will make it easier for you to upload it on your web pages later.
- Lastly, create your web pages under the ‘Pages’ menu. Write your own content. The page editor will make it easier for you to modify and edit your content. Think of it as an online Microsoft document.
There you have it! You can start building your website today with these simplified steps. As with any tool or resource, make sure you allocate enough time so that you can learn how to properly manage and use them!