The guitar is a well-known musical instrument that is played throughout the world in different variations. Since guitar is a passionate instrument for many, and also a profession, fun, time-pass, and so on for others, it has a wide range of types in the case of different parts of it like pedals being one. However, if you also have a world around the strings and notes of guitar you must have already come across the term ‘boutique’. This is a common term for anyone associated with the guitar industry, but if you are one of the newbies who has just started his journey with guitar, let’s dig out all about boutique pedals and their role in the guitar industry.
The Term- boutique pedals
In guitar, there are different types of pedals used for sound quality, variation, and tunes to attain. Boutique pedals are the most popular type of pedals for their high-end functionality. However, speaking about the availability of this kind of pedal in the market, it is perhaps manufactured by only a few guitars pedal companies. The exclusive feature which strikes the boutique pedals from others is that it is mostly crafted by skilled men and are often handmade. These pedals are dedicated to offering an intense and premium range of sound, and since these are especially handmade, they have their enigma of design and appeal.
Characteristics of a Boutique Pedals
Boutique pedals can be counted among one the best build guitar pedals, with high-spec materials, offering a classy and charming look. The different characteristics of these pedals are-
- The boutique category is especially crafty and flashy when it comes to the visual appeal
- Boutique guitar pedals have a unique crafting feature that they are crafted in distinctive small batches separately.
- Handcrafted and designed by mostly independent builders, they have a limited supply in the market too.
- The boutiques are especially relied upon for quality components that help to attain a brilliant quality of tone.
- These are counted as exclusive guitars, with unique and artistic creative artwork, however, plain models of pedal boutique guitars are also available on market.
- Boutiques are relied on for an extensive range of time and also to enhance the pedal boards.
- The boutiques are also well known for their outstanding tones, which help them to stand apart among a crowded pedal board.
Manufacturers of boutique guitar pedals
In terms of design, appeal, and looks, these boutique guitar pedals are available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and functions. Besides, the manufacturers try to distinguish their products with unique creative crafting. Throughout the world, many brands have established their market and reputation in designing and manufacturing boutique pedals and some of the well-known market toppers are included also. The names of those that can’t be ignored are-
- Old Blood Noise Endeavours
- Walrus Audio
- Earthquake Devices
- Chase Bliss Audio
- ZVEX Effects
- Red Panda
- JHS Pedals
The demand for boutique pedals is only among tone lovers and even then, too the manufacturing count throughout the world in comparison to other pedals is quite limited. The interesting fact is that even when there is limited manufacturing the primary count comes from individual builders. Perhaps the terms boutique too originated from the exclusive handcrafting culture or legacy behind this type of pedal.
Advantages of handmade boutique pedals
There are multiple advantages of handmade small-batch production:
- When a product is handmade intense care and minute attention are offered to intricate details.
- The quality of pedals is also high with quality footswitches, jacks, etc.
- Besides individuals makes also pour in their creativity as well as passion into the built to chalk out uniquely featured and designed pedals.
Since so much attention is put into quality to design with every small part being crafted separately even the cost of the pedals soars high. These are indeed expensive pedals in the market and more so when you are purchasing handmade boutique pedals instead of company-built ones but the cost is worth it in terms of its functionality and look. Besides, since these pedals offer exclusive and excellent tones, you can sometimes put in that cost to achieve the excellence of tones and sound. Therefore, if you are planning to get boutiques, check for your options and try to invest in handmade exclusive pieces.