We all want glowing and healthy skin, and we do a lot of hard work for it. We use many skin products, go to parlors and even sometimes try home remedies. But have you ever tried Rice water for skin? Feeling Strange! But yes, Rice water is very beneficial for hair, skin and even health.
Rice water– It is the leftover water when the rice is cooked. This rice water has a great history, and people of Japan have been using it since ancient times for the growth of their hair. Nowadays people are becoming more aware of Rice water. The best thing about rice water is that it is inexpensive and can be made at home easily.
There are three ways in which Rice water for hair, skin, and health can be made-
- Boiling Rice Water:- This is made when you cook the rice and the extra water which is left after in the cooking bowl. For this, you will have to make the rice in a bowl and not in the cooker.
- Soaked Rice Water:– This is the easiest way. For this, soak the rice as you do before making. And strain the extra water which is in rice before making it. Then, refrigerate the water.
- Fermented Rice Water:– This is the most effective and beneficial rice water. When you have soaked the rice before cooking it, strain the extra water, and instead of refrigerating it, leave it in a jar for 2-3 days at room temperature. When the solution starts to smell sour, refrigerate it.
Rice Water and Its Benefits
Let us have a look at the benefits of Rice water.
- Anti-Aging Benefits- The benefit everyone looks for. Rice water is filled with antioxidants, which improves the elasticity of the skin. Thus, rice water slows down the aging effect and also tightens the skin.
- Brightens the Colour- Daily use of Rice water brightens your skin color. It minimizes any blemishes and makes skin glow. This is the reason; it is used as an active ingredient in many skin products and soaps.
- Acts as Skin Barrier- It acts as a skin barrier and protects the skin from any damage. The starchy rice water helps to improve and repair the barrier of the skin and keep the natural oil intact. It is beneficial for people having Eczema, Inflammation, and Atopic Dermatitis.
- Soothes Sunburn-This has been trial and tested by many people. Rice water is beneficial in treating symptoms like redness, itching, and inflammation. This is also very beneficial for oily skin people. The starch present in the rice water has tightened and toning effect.
- Skin Toner- You can also use Rice water as a skin toner daily. It will help tighten up the skin and will also remove any impurities. Apply rice water at night before daily going to bed, and you will notice the difference within a week.
- Treats Acne- Yeah, if you are really bothered by the Acne to try using Rice water once. Apply the rice water with the help of a cotton ball to avoid any infection. It’s the best way to get rid of acne.
- Use it as Shampoo- You can even use Rice Water as shampoo. You can add little rice water to your shampoo and use it every time you wash your hair.
- Increases Metabolism- Many people even drink Rice water. With this, their Metabolism gets increased which results in good health.
- Hair Conditioner- After you have washed your hair properly with the shampoo. You can use Rice water as a conditioner. Apply rice water mixed with few drops of essential oil. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off.
How to Use Rice Water on Skin
Soaked Rice Water-
If you have prepared the Soaked rice water. You can use it in the following ways-
- Store the water in a spray bottle, which will make it easy to use.
- Spray it on your face as toner or mist.
- Always make sure your face is cleaned before the spray.
- Now you can leave it on your skin, or if you wish, you can wash it off after 30 minutes.
- If you are not comfortable using the spray, you can apply it even with the cotton ball.
Fermented Rice Water-
If you have prepared the Fermented rice water. Here’s the way to use it-
- Take 1 tbsp of Rice water from the jar; you have stored rice water in.
- Dilute it with plain water.
- Mix the solution well and store it in a spray bottle.
- Apply it with a cotton ball and wash it off after 30 minutes.
So, these are some of the amazing benefits of Rice water. You can use any three ways to use it. But do note, rice water doesn’t need to work the same way as it worked for others. So, before drinking and using it on the skin. Make sure you are not allergic to it, and it suits you.