Recipe of Appetizing Red Velvet Cake with Beets
Cakes have always been a type of ritual for every major celebration. Whether it is a birthday, an anniversary, or any event, all these celebrations have one thing in common, and that is cake. Each person from all age groups loves eating cakes. If we say, a cake is a mood lifter and has the power to make any dull day into a celebration; then it is not wrong.
Now and then we have a reason to celebrate the happy moments of our life. These moments can be made more worthy by adding a delicious cake to the party. But too much of cake is not recommended because there is a lot of sweetness happening in it. So, there is a new cake that has been making the rounds at Winni which is Red Velvet Cake. It is an ideal surprise for your dear ones on their special day. Let us add a twist to this red velvet cake by adding beetroot to it. Let it not just be sweet but also be healthy.
So below, we have given a detailed recipe of red velvet cake with beets by keeping in mind that it would be easy for you to bake at home. This Red Velvet beetroot cake recipe will uplift your baking skills! Follow these secret tips and bake the best cake for special ones. So, now let’s start it.
Red Velvet Beetroot Cake Recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Red Velvet Cake Beetroot Ingredients
- 1 chopped beetroot
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 80 ml of milk
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp of baking powder
- 130g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- beetroot chips
For the Frosting
- 200g cream cheese
- 300g icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
How to prepare
- Preheat the oven at 185°C/350°F. Line 1 x 14cm round loose-bottomed sandwich tin with baking cupcake paper.
- Begin by adding milk and two spoons of lemon juice into a jug and then keep it aside. Next, finely chop the raw beetroot and put it into a bowl. Now add milk and lemon mix to this chopped beetroot.
- Now we will also be adding the white wine vinegar and vanilla to the beetroot. Grind this using a food processor, or a blender. Make sure to grind till a subtle and smooth puree is formed.
- Add the butter to this puree and again grind it well. Now add the egg and mix everything nicely again to form a smooth paste
- Next sift the dry ingredients such as flour, caster sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder into your bowl and beat well till everything is mixed. Now divide the cake batter equally in the two lined tins and pop it into the oven to bake for 35-45 minutes. Keep checking if it is baked or not by inserting a skewer into the center of a cake. If the skewer comes out clean, then the cake is baked. Once done, place it on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before smoothly removing the tins and let the cakes cool completely.
- To make the frosting, we will add the cream cheese and icing sugar into the bowl. Now blend this nicely until a paste is formed. Now again keep adding icing sugar but make sure it is added gradually until it’s mixed properly again. Now add the vanilla extract and mix.
- Now, for the final finishing, begin by slicing the cakes and make four separate cake slices. Spread some frosting evenly across the layers of cake. Now, stack the frosted rounds by placing these on each other. Do not put the frosting on the topmost layer of cake. Rest of the cake is covered with frosting, and some beetroot chips can be added for decoration.
- Now your cake is ready to be served. Enjoy the goodness of health with this exclusive beetroot red velvet cake!!!
If you are busy for any reason and have no time to bake this tasty red velvet beetroot cake at home, then you can order cakes online. So, now save your time as you have a new way of delighting your taste buds. If you want to surprise your dear ones, then order red velvet cake online and make their day more memorable. Our online cake delivery service makes it easy for us to send cakes online anywhere in India.