Every business needs a logo. To put it in simple words; it is the representation of your company and plays a vital role in making a brand identity. It’s not an image, but a symbol to remind people of your business, what you do, and how you can be of help.
A logo design brings your visions to life and communicates your idea in a way that words can’t. While delivering a great product might be your top priority, you need to think of a logo as a support system which helps in gaining visibility, trust and goodwill with the audience.
Designing a cool, unique and creative design may not be as easy as you think. Chances are you might be banging your head against the table trying to come up with ideas. Well, don’t fret! Described below are some tips which can help you to get started.
Tip #1: Get clear on your branding
You need a logo that can speak volumes about your brand and getting clear with your branding ideas and visions can help you get there. What’s your brand’s story? Have you set your goals, your mission? Described below are some ways to get your clear on branding.
- Describe your brand: list down all the words which can describe your brand and choose the ones which put together all the qualities of your brand
- Come up with an idea of how you will be perceived in the market.
- How do you want people to feel? Exited, energised, calm or more.
Tip #2: figure out the elements of design to tell a unique story
Once you have a clear picture of your brand, it is time to bring our story to life. You need to inspire the audience through your design, which may include the following elements:
- Logotype: there are seven basic types of logos from which you need to choose which best describes your brand.
- Typography: you need a font which is able to mirror your visions and mission to the audience.
- Colour: colours can communicate directly to your audience. It is used to evoke the emotions of the customers and influence their emotions.
- Style: the style communicates the personality of your brand, combined with all the elements mentioned above to let your customers know what they can expect from you.
Tip #3: gather inspiration from competitors
Keep a look out to gain an insight into what’s thriving in the market. Look at their logo and work out the following:
- What makes them different
- How have they done it
- How can you apply it on your brand
Tip #4: Think like your audience
When designing a logo, you need to keep in mind the people who are going to be looking at your design. Make sure to brainstorm all the important factors keeping in mind all the qualities of the company you’d work with. It can help you to get an insight into what your customers need and expect from your brand.
Tip #5: brainstorm with the ultimate goal in mind
Make sure that you understand what you’re going to use your logo for. Make a list of all the places where you are going to place your logos, such as your website, social media page, and more. Then make sure that your design works across all mediums and forms of media. Knowing where you are going to place your logo can help you in the designing process.
Tip #6: Trust your designer
Once you have all the ideas in mind, it’s time to find suitable logo creation services to help you design a creative image of your company. You can work with an agency or freelance designer to get a design or conduct a designing content which can get you many design options. However, once you choose, you need to trust their judgments so they can translate your idea into imagery.
With these sic brainstorming tips to your assistance, you can get the best ideas to design a creative image for your company.