When you come into certain professions, your life takes a certain turn and you realize how precious your time is. Therefore you dedicate your time to utilize it to the maximum. And then whatever you do, is productive or you learn out of it. We interacted with a few such professionalssome time ago and there was one thing in common. They were cricket fans and they all watched the latest release 83, the Ranbir Singh starrer movie based on India’s 1983 World Cup win. And they all shared that the movie was inspirational and something to learn. So this article is about the 5 top lessons this movie taught us.
Before we start, remember,nothing will be served to you on a silver spoon and golden platter. Unless you are born into Ambani’s, you need to work for your dreams. If UPSC is your aim, you need to work hard for that. If Harvard is your aim, you need to clear GMAT, IELTS, etc. Just getting your Mumbai University transcript and GTU transcripts and simply applying for the university won’t matter. Therefore, if you fully want to take advantage, then don’t just read this article. But apply it too.
- Unleash your Potential – Kapil says to Roger, that he fought with selectors for him. And he is feeling disappointed with his performance. And that acts as a trigger to unleash Roger’s potential. And he became player of the match in their next game. So, don’t just settle for average go for the best.
- Believe in yourself – You must have heard this a hundred times and it’s true. India won because Kaps believed. Unless you believe in yourself, how can you perform? How would you know your potentials? Not believing in yourself means you have already lost in your mind so no need to play the real game, you will never win.
- Never underestimate – just like you should never underestimate your potential, should you never underestimate your competitors too. West Indies did this mistake and lost their third world cup in a row. Doesn’t matter whatever your competition is capable of, you must perform up to your capabilities?
- Teamwork – When you have to walk far, you need to find the right companion. And with the right companion mountains are easier tKapil’s 175 was an exception for one match, but the world cup was impossible without the whole team’s e team’ effort.
- Courageous – You should be bold in your approach. Because team India dared, they handed the world’s strongest team West Indies their first-ever world cup defeat, that too in the first match. If you want to conquer the world, don’t be afraid to go abroad either to learn or earn. Not to forget, Worldwide transcripts are there for your Mumbai University transcript, GTU transcript, ECA, and documentation needs.
So these were the top 5 lessons according to professionals inspired by 83. Do you think there is more to learn from the movie? Then point your learnings in the comments below.