Have you come across beautiful, shiny, glossy flooring with simple colors or designs? This type of flooring is known as an epoxy flooring. It is, also known as resinous flooring or polymer flooring. This flooring is very simple to make and consists of only 2 ingredients – resin and hardener. These 2 ingredients when mixed together give very distinct looks and quality to the floor along with correcting and filling any defects or pores or gaps in the floor giving it a uniform look and surface.
Benefits of Epoxy Floor coating
Epoxy flooring is known for its strength and ease of application. Many commercial and residential buildings have started the use of epoxy flooring which was earlier common in industrial flooring. Epoxy coatings can be applied on the surface of any type of flooring but majorly for best results, it is normally applied over concrete. This ensures a high-performance and durable surface that can last for many years. The materials can ensure heavy loads and heavy traffic making the first choice for commercial shops, parking lots, warehouses, and garage flooring. Even in residential places, the use of epoxy is increasing due to its appearance and durability. The work may vary to ensure quality work for the floors that lasts long and lay easily.
People have started to realize that epoxy flooring is the most cost-effective, time and money-saving flooring option if done right.
Now these are some performances on how epoxy makes your life easier
- Epoxy materials can turn any flooring surface into an unbroken, smooth, and heavy-duty high-performance flooring lasting for years to come. You can use it over old floorings to gain a new look.
- You don’t have to wait long as it dries very quickly giving you high glossy shine irrespective of the different colors and styles you choose. You also get to choose any color or create a decorative pattern using several colors to craft an eye-catching and resilient flooring elucidation.
- It is water water-resistant which reduces the risks of slipping and/or falling accidents. Due to the slip-resistant chemical addition to the epoxy that ensures the safety of your family, customers or patients, and staff. Cleaning is also easy and does not allow any stains keeping the floors clean from bacteria and germs.
- If you live around the sea or ocean, you do not have to worry about the salt from the air as it does not affect the epoxy coating on flooring. It is very easy to remove the build-up with help of a mop, broom, or vacuum cleaner. Epoxy flooring does not allow even the bacteria, germs, and other contaminants do not stick to the flooring which makes it a hygienic coating. Above all, it is eco-friendly and allows to complete the work at affordable prices.
- This epoxy flooring is also impact resistant which can handle shock, heat, heavy machinery, and heavy vehicular movements, footfalls, etc. without causing cracks and wear and tear along with being able to withstand chemical spills for use in chemical plants.
- Substantial quotas of corporations now make use of epoxy floors to mark certain areas in their workplaces. With an epoxy coating, it is plausible to apply distinguishing shades to characterize diverse areas for example security zones, truck traffic zones, and work zones.
These are just some of the many benefits of epoxy flooring and if you are interested in applying epoxy flooring you should consult with professionals who will be able to give you the best services possible. ensure that you conduct your research before you finalize the expert services and ask for the quotations to ensure that everything is within your budget.