Who doesn’t want a baby? They are the coolness of eyes. They spread happiness like no one else. But at times when normal pregnancy becomes a troubling question, it’s quite natural to feel devastated. It also means that it is time to start thinking about methods like IVF. Over the past few decades, IVF has blessed many families with healthy babies. It has been a solution for their long years of sadness. Aim of this article is to provide an insight into the method known as in vitro fertilization. Apart from it, we are also focusing on the right time to consider IVF.
What is IVF?
IVF is also called as ‘planned pregnancy’. It is the most popular method among assisted reproductive technologies. The procedure includes both medication and surgery. Medication is to make the eggs mature. Only then it will be ready for fertilization. The ovum or the egg is taken out of the body. It fuses with the sperm, outside in the laboratory. Optimal conditions are arranged for the fusion. Once the fusion takes place, the fertilized eggs; which can be called as embryos are transferred back into the polype utérin cause directly. Pregnancy can be confirmed only when the embryo gets implanted to the uterine lining.
Points to Remember About IVF
- IVF is not a painful procedure. You will be given proper medication before the surgery. You can relax and feel no pain. A small incision is made in the body to collect the eggs. The embryo transfer may sound like a complex procedure. But it’s painless and needs no worries when done by a specialized doctor.
- IVF doesn’t call for long days of rest. You must rest well; the day the embryo transfer is done. From next day onward you can get back to your usual chores. You can do all the activities like before.
- Take the necessary medications. Sometimes hormone pills are prescribed by the doctors. It is to help the embryo gets implanted. Do take the pills at the right amount and at the right time.
- Have a detailed talk with your doctor regarding all aspects of IVF treatment before taking the decision. Learn about its pros and cons.
- It is best if you can talk with someone who has done the treatment. They can fill you with more information. They can also tell you their experiences and can help you ward off your anxieties if there is any.
- IVF is costly. Inquire whether your health insurance company covers the expense. Think through the plan and draw an expense chart to get an idea about the money you will need to spend.
Advantages of IVF
- It could be the stop that you have been looking for: chances are high that IVF may the ray of hope that you have been searching for. IVF has a greater chance of success and thereby it wins where other fertility treatments fail. It is better to opt for IVF than squandering all your money on something that can get you nothing.
- IVF is the remedy for conditions like a blocked Fallopian Tube, increased age, etc.
- With IVF, you can plan your pregnancy. You can choose the right time for your pregnancy. Cryopreservation helps to store the egg or the sperm for the future. So, you have complete control over your pregnancy.
- IVF is possible for everyone. Even a single mother and a same-sex couple can have a baby with the help of a donor. There is no gender or other restrictions for IVF.
- During the procedure of IVF, preimplantation genetic screening is conducted. It protects the child from getting diseases like Down ’s syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, etc. IVF can assure you a healthy and fit baby. Your child will be freed from all types of genetic diseases. Miscarriages happen due to genetic diseases can also be ruled out. Mother gets to experience a very joyful pregnancy period with the help of IVF.
When to Consider IVF
One needs to prep both her life and body for welcoming a baby. It is a decision that one should think very well. With IVF you have the option of having a baby at the time you feel right. You can start counting on in vitro fertilization if you have problems with your reproductive organs or the natural IVF cycle.
Suppose, you have problems such as low sperm count, endometriosis or polycystic ovary syndrome, then you can start thinking about IVF. You can either depend upon a donor for egg or sperm. If you think you will pass on any type of hereditary disease to the baby, then you can seek the help of a donor after checking his background and family chain.
It is very important to find the best doctor. Expertise and skill play a very prominent role in IVF treatment. More than 5 million babies have come to this world through in vitro fertilization treatment through in vitro fertilization. If women above thirty-five years of age haven’t gotten pregnant after six months of trying, then its time they start considering the method of IVF.
Before beginning the medical procedures of in vitro fertilization, you must do certain check-ups and the whole process will depend upon the result of the evaluation. If the issue is a meager one and doesn’t need IVF, then chances are that the doctors will prescribe another fertility treatment method such as artificial insemination. If the problem is complex, then the doctors may get straight into the procedures of IVF.
The success rate of IVF treatment varies according to age. The success rate is 50 percent for women under the age of thirty-five. It is only 10 percent when it comes to women above the age of forty-three. The clinic or the hospital is just as much important as the doctor. Try to pick a hospital, which has many success stories to tell.
Talk with the experts and friends and pick the finest fertility treatment clinic. IVF treatment can take a bit a lot of time. It can vary from two to three months. It depends upon the complexity of the problem as well as on the treatment method adopted by each clinic.
Learn deeply about the clinic before starting the treatment. Certain clinics do not accept all patients. Inquire all the details regarding the mode of treatment and the way they do it. Make sure that the clinic has all the facilities required for the treatment, and check if they possess enough knowledge about the same. You cannot take a chance with your health, and the baby. You have to be well aware of every step of the procedure.
At Montreal fertility clinic, you can have the best treatment. This platform is having the most efficient and educated doctors who can give wings to your dreams. They know how much you long for your baby, and that’s why they are here. Over the past years, they have fulfilled the dreams of many. They won’t force you to pick them. You are free to compare with other fertility clinics around. Choose that which you feel is the best for your baby. Imparting smiles is our job, and they do that perfectly well.