Is translation still important even if everyone seems to know how to speak English? While it’s true that English is a widely-spoken language, not everyone can express themselves in it confidently. People will still prefer to use their native language if possible.
If you’re an international business, you can’t ignore this. It’s necessary to have your documents translated accurately to avoid serious repercussions. Here are more reasons why document translation is still and will always be important.
- Speaking your customer’s native language. There’s a huge difference between pulling off a basic conversation and making an impact through effective communication. As a business, you need to always choose the latter. Even people who can write and speak decent English will want to use their native language when they can. If you’re selling products and services, you need to connect with your target audience. You need to be the one to adjust and use the language that your customers speak.
- Expanding your business. Document translation will remain essential as you strive to expand your business reach globally. Regardless of the size of your business, you’ll always think about what makes your customers comfortable. If you’re in the hospitality industry, for instance, it helps if your website can be readily translated to other languages. If you own a restaurant located in a popular tourist attraction, wouldn’t you think of translating your menu as well?
- Getting the sale faster. Effective translation allows for deeper connections. No matter how impeccable your content is, your target audience will shy away from it if they’re having a hard time understanding it. Consumers most likely have several concerns that they want to be addressed before deciding to do business with you. If you can help them, chances are you’ll be at the top of their list. If your target customers can express their thoughts freely, you’ll also be able to provide better products and services.
- Getting the answers that you need. If you’re conducting a survey, people are more likely to elaborate more on their thoughts if you’re using their native language. Even if you can speak English, for example, it’ll still be a lot more convenient to use the language you’re comfortable with. You put so much effort into your content, but it will only be able to help you with your goals if your audience will respond to it.
- Establishing professionalism. Don’t make the mistake of settling for random translation services. You need documents to be translated accurately. Using free online translators will not get the job done. These tools are not accurate. They can get grammar and ideas mixed up. When translating, you need to take into account cultural backgrounds, writing styles, and even expressions. It isn’t simply about changing the words. Your content has to make sense. You need to ensure you’re using appropriate wording at all times.
If you are to use a document translation service, do your research. Hire professional translators to assist you. Cutting corners may only damage your reputation. Find someone who is not only fluent in the language that you need but is also highly-knowledgeable about your business.